It won't be the first time you've heard that we are what we eat, right? Food is the basis of our health in general and of course, of our skin.
If you want it to look its best, in addition to a good cosmetic routine like the one we propose in OHMYKOKO , it is essential that you eat a healthy and varied diet .
At this time of year you have to prepare your skin for the arrival of the cold, while also dealing with the oxidative damage caused by pollution and the sun, which is still doing its thing.
How to stand up to them?
We recommend that you prioritize the consumption of foods rich in antioxidants. They stimulate the immune system, combat premature aging, delay the signs of aging and promote the anti-cancer effect.
VITAMIN C: THE ANTIOXIDANT PAR EXCELLENCE 🧡
Vitamin C is essential for our body, even though it cannot manufacture it itself. Its only source is food.
Participates in the synthesis of collagen , a protein necessary to produce skin,
tendons, ligaments and blood vessels. It is estimated that one in four proteins in the body is collagen , which is equivalent to 7% of a human being's body mass !!
It has been proven that it also plays a prominent role in mood due to its role in the synthesis of two neurotransmitters, dopamine and norepinephrine.
Likewise, it participates in the healing of wounds and the formation of scar tissue ; in the repair and maintenance of cartilage , bones and teeth and in the absorption of iron.
Its deficiency produces scurvy, which is manifested by swelling, bleeding in the gums and joint pain.
Autumn is the season for delicious fruits and vegetables rich in vitamin C. Among the richest are:
Citrus fruits (oranges, lemons, tangerines, grapefruits) 🍊🍋
- In addition to vitamin C, oranges contain calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene, folic acid, phosphorus, potassium, copper, zinc, malic, oxalic, tartaric and citric acids.
- They have a revitalizing and strengthening effect on tissues , preventing colds and infections . They stimulate glandular secretions and balance your blood pressure.
Its richness in nutrients and few calories makes the WHO recommend daily consumption of citrus.
- Also rich in potassium and fiber that participate in good arterial health by counteracting the effects of sodium (salt). Its richness in potassium also helps not to lose muscle mass and slow down osteoporosis.
Red pepper 🌶️
- It also contains beta-carotene, capsanthin, quercetin and luteolin , which help prevent bad cholesterol. Luteolin is also related to a beneficial effect on the brain by reducing inflammation and memory deficits associated with age.
- It provides lycopene , a carotenoid that also has antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin B6 and magnesium , an association that helps combat anxiety and insomnia . Vitamin B6 helps fight hypertension , since it is a natural diuretic.
- It is also a source of provitamin A , which, together with its vitamin C content, makes it a powerful antioxidant .
- Source of potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, folic acid and sulfur , with antimicrobial properties.
- Due to its high fiber content, it is satiating .
- Provides quercetin , with anti-inflammatory activity .
Kale or kale 💚
- Also source of calcium, iron and folic acid .
- It has a large amount of fiber , which helps improve intestinal transit and reduce the risk of obesity or diabetes .
OTHER FOODS RECOMMENDED FOR THEIR ANTIOXIDANT POWER
Nuts (hazelnuts, walnuts, almonds)
- Rich in polyphenols , powerful antioxidants. They are one of the healthiest foods that exist and, despite being very high in calories, their fats are highly healthy: they take care of heart health, protect bones and muscles, provide nutrients for the skin and hair, promote the nervous system and memory.
Olive oil 💛
- In addition to its polyphenols, it has a high content of monounsaturated (oleic acid) and polyunsaturated (linoleic acid) fatty acids that help raise good cholesterol levels, reduce bad cholesterol levels, control blood pressure and prevent thrombosis . and diabetes.
The saying goes, “an apple a day would save you money as a doctor.”
- In addition to having a large amount of antioxidants, it is an excellent source of fiber, provides vitamins B1 and B6 that prevent mental fatigue and strengthen memory
- sodium and potassium , essential for nerve conduction .
- Its iron content strengthens hair and nails.
- Pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 helps regenerate hair.
- Calcium and phosphorus , essential in the formation of bone mineral salts.
- By providing water with vitamin B2, it hydrates the eyes and improves the vision mechanism and is especially indicated when contact lenses are used. This water content also helps keep the skin hydrated and purified.
OHMYKOKO, 1ST ACTIVIST BRAND FOR YOUR SKIN
Our commitment to you is to offer you products free of:
SILICONES - PARABENS - PHENOXYETHANOL - SULPHATES - DYES - MINERAL OILS - PEG - MICROPLASTICS - PETROLEUM DERIVATIVES - NANOMATERIALS - SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
and any other ingredients that are unnatural for your skin