Bakuchiol or vegan retinol will be a discovery for you and your skin. This product does not irritate the skin and is not photosensitive . Additionally, it has amazing properties that have quickly made it the replacement for retinol and a prominent new ingredient in cosmetic products and beauty routines.
Antiaging , illuminating , moisturizing are some of its properties. But, let's not give spoilers!! Let's go by parts…
WHAT IS BAKUCHIOL?
It is an active ingredient of plant origin that is extracted from a plant that grows naturally in India, specifically from its seeds, Babchi (Psoralea corylifolia). And although it is very new in the West, it has a long history in traditional Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine , where it is highly appreciated in the care of normal skin, as well as in the treatment of various skin conditions and for the maintenance of healthy skin.
Its properties include:
- Antioxidant action: bakuchiol has antioxidant properties, which means that it can help neutralize free radicals that can damage skin cells and contribute to premature aging and the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines.
- Collagen stimulation: According to studies, bakuchiol can stimulate collagen production in the skin. Collagen is an essential protein to help maintain skin elasticity and firmness, and its production tends to decrease with age.
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Its potential anti-inflammatory properties have been investigated, which could help reduce inflammation in the skin and alleviate problems such as redness.
- Alternative to Retinoids: Although not a retinoid, bakuchiol has been considered a gentler alternative to retinoids in skin care products. It may offer similar benefits, such as improving skin texture and reducing fine lines and wrinkles, but without its potential side effects.
- Hydration: Its moisturizing properties help retain moisture in the skin. This is beneficial for dry skin as it helps reduce dryness and peeling and keep the skin hydrated.
- Nutrition: It also nourishes the skin, helping to strengthen the skin barrier and improve its moisture retention function. This contributes to softer, more supple and nourished skin, especially important for those who suffer from dry skin.
- Sebum regulator and anti-inflammatory: beneficial for oily skin and blackheads. By balancing excess oil, it can help reduce shine and minimize the appearance of enlarged pores.
Research on bakuchiol is increasing and much remains to be revealed about its properties and mechanism of action.
The effectiveness of bakuchiol may vary depending on the concentration used in the products and the specific formulation. If you are going to incorporate a product with bakuchiol into your skin care routine, make sure it is in an effective percentage .
TIPS TO CORRECTLY USE YOUR CREAM WITH BAKUCHIOL
DIFFERENCES WITH RETINOL
First of all, we have to highlight that it does not have any type of side effect and this is the main reason why it is dethroning retinol , a very effective active ingredient, but with a high potential for irritability that in certain people can cause some side effects. , irritation , peeling or even erythema .
Bakuchiol, on the other hand, has been shown to have high compatibility with the skin, so it can be used by sensitive or reactive skin .
Another very important difference is that it is not photosensitive, it does not lose effectiveness with exposure to light and oxygen , nor does it cause skin lesions , stinging or itching with exposure to UV rays.
Finally, you can safely use products with bakuchiol during pregnancy and breastfeeding , unlike retinol, which is totally contraindicated in these periods because it causes congenital malformations and is excreted through breast milk.
WHAT DOES BAKUCHIOL DO FOR YOUR SKIN?
As we have already mentioned, its wonderful properties are very similar to those of retinol: antiaging , moisturizing and emollient . Its high antioxidant power is a plus in cosmetic formulas. By acting on hyperpigmentation, it helps even out skin tone, becoming a perfect ally against blemishes .
Thanks to its stimulating power of collagen production and cell renewal , it reduces wrinkles and lines , while improving the texture of the skin and combating premature aging.
People with oily and acne-prone skin also find this molecule a perfect ally by calming inflammation , exerting an antiseptic and fat-balancing effect.
At OhMyKoko we have integrated it as a star ingredient in the formula of our ALL IN ONE MULTIFUNCTION MOISTURIZING CREAM , where it is associated with other incredible natural ingredients.
In this rich formula with a light texture and rapid absorption, bakuchiol unites its super powers with natural active ingredients as powerful as orchid stem cells from Japan and vegetable ceramides from jojoba oil.
The result is radiant, hydrated, firmer, more elastic and luminous skin. It also unifies tone and firms, being the ideal solution for skin care in the morning and at night .