In recent years we have become aware of how important it is to find the balance between our interior and our exterior . This new vision has given rise to new trends in skin care, such as holistic beauty .
BUT WHAT IS HOLISTIC COSMETICS?
The evidence shows that what happens outside and inside of our body is just as important . Therefore, holistic cosmetics and beauty are increasingly related.
Holistic beauty or in & out beauty seeks harmony and balance in us to be reflected in our skin . Taking this into account, its pillars are:
1- HEALTHY AND BALANCED DIET
What we eat has a significant effect on the quality of our skin and premature aging. Dairy products or a high sugar content can cause inflammation (acne, eczema, rosacea...).
Sugar is associated with acne and also skin aging . This is because glucose binds to collagen and elastin fibers. This causes loss of elasticity and firmness that results in wrinkles and expression lines .
Get healthier skin:
- Eating more fruits, green leafy vegetables and plant-based products.
- Avoiding foods that increase the production of free radicals.
- Reducing the intake of foods of animal origin .
To prevent the effects of free radicals, it is important to consume a balanced diet rich in antioxidant vitamins and minerals .
Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and foods rich in vitamins C and E are examples of foods that contain antioxidants.
FOODS AND FACTORS THAT ACTIVATE THE PRODUCTION OF FREE RADICALS
Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells in the body and contribute to aging . What should you avoid?
- Foods rich in saturated and trans fats: fried foods, fast foods, baked goods and processed foods. The high temperature cooking process can also generate free radicals.
- Refined sugars: excess can contribute to the formation of free radicals.
- Processed meat and red meat: Cooking meat at high temperatures can generate toxic compounds and increase the production of free radicals.
- Alcohol: excessive consumption can increase the production of free radicals in the body.
- Tobacco: Smoking introduces a large amount of free radicals into the body.
- Processed foods and foods with chemical additives : Some food additives and chemicals present in processed foods can contribute to the formation of free radicals.
Use vegetable fats and oils.
These types of fat are rich in healthy fatty acids that help reduce cardiovascular diseases and maintain skin .
A balanced and healthy diet contributes to facial care and will help keep it in good condition by preventing the formation of blackheads.
2- ADEQUATE LEVELS OF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
Exercise is a good way to improve blood circulation and combat stress naturally, as it releases endorphins, making us feel happier .
In addition, it strengthens muscles , improving support for the skin , and with sweat we eliminate toxins .
3- OPTIMAL HYDRATION
60% of your skin is water. You need to drink amounts that guarantee hydration , maintain juiciness and allow metabolic exchanges.
4- EMOTIONAL STRESS MANAGEMENT
Stress produces greater sensitivity to inflammation in our skin, and a natural process of loss of luminosity , fatigue marks , wrinkles ...
5- SLEEP THE NECESSARY HOURS AND GET A REPAIRING SLEEP
Beauty is closely linked to the quantity and quality of sleep. If we sleep poorly or little, dark circles appear, the eyes are more swollen , the skin ages more ...
6- DAILY DEDICATION TO OURSELVES WITH A DAILY SKINCARE ROUTINE
Holistic cosmetics are natural cosmetics that balance our skin using natural ingredients to achieve harmony and balance.
The goal is to create products that go beyond beauty. These products combine plants, smells and textures . Its purpose is to stimulate both the body and the emotions .
|Holistic cosmetics considers the being as a whole , not just the skin , since it reflects what happens internally. And beauty is not just beautiful skin, it is an entire attitude .
YES TO NATURE, NO TO SYNTHETIC INGREDIENTS THAT ALTER OUR BALANCE
Holistic cosmetics is an evolution of natural cosmetics that uses natural ingredients and seeks internal and external benefits.
For this reason, their formulas do not contain ingredients that could alter the balance of our body or our skin . This is the case of silicones , parabens , phenoxyethanol , mineral oils ,….
BENEFITS OF HOLISTIC COSMETICS
- Products made from natural active ingredients in their multiple forms (extracts, essential oils, natural oils...).
- They can be used at any age .
- By not using ingredients that could be harmful, they are the ideal option for all skin types, including the most sensitive skin .
- It is environmentally friendly .
Discover OhMyKoko cosmetics, the first activist brand for your skin
We not only care about beautifying it , your health matters a lot to us. Therefore, you will only find botanical active ingredients , truly natural ingredients , without any ingredients that are unnatural for your skin and with the guarantee of being tested on the most sensitive skin . Discover them HERE .
OHMYKOKO, 1ST ACTIVIST BRAND FOR YOUR SKIN
Our commitment to you is to offer you products free of:
SILICONES - PARABENS - PHENOXYETHANOL - SULPHATES - COLORANTS - MINERAL OILS - PEG - MICROPLASTICS - PETROLEUM DERIVATIVES - NANOMATERIALS - SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
and any other ingredients that are unnatural for your skin