Dark circles are the result of the darkening of blood vessels due to the accumulation of toxins, fat or water, making our face appear much more tired and aged.
Its color varies from one person to another depending on whether it is related to a problem in blood or lymph circulation . Lymph allows the drainage of blood circulation , thus eliminating waste substances. For this reason, when it does not work well , pigments accumulate under the skin , causing dark circles to take on a yellowish, brown or violet hue. Furthermore, it must be taken into account that the skin in this area is so thin that this imbalance becomes visible very quickly.
Among the most common factors causing its appearance are lack of rest, alcohol and tobacco consumption, genetics, aging, circulatory problems, overexposure to the sun, nutritional deficiencies or lack of hydration.
TYPES OF DARK CIRCLES
Depending on their origin and manifestation, there are different types of dark circles.
- Vascular: they have a color between blue and violet caused by excessive visibility of the blood vessels . It is usually related to stress, fatigue, or alcohol or tobacco consumption.
- Pigmented: this type of dark circles are dark due to excess melanin. Its origin is related to genetic inheritance or a hormonal disorder . It intensifies with sun exposure.
- Sunken or Valley of tears: they are related to aging and loss of volume in the dark circles.
In addition to cosmetic help, keep in mind the following tips to combat them.
- Sleep the necessary hours. Lack of sleep prevents lymph from circulating well, making the blood vessels under the eyes more visible . Remember that the WHO recommends sleeping between 6 and 7 hours a day.
- Eat balanced. Lack of nutrients , especially iron , can cause fatigue. Therefore, you have to prioritize the consumption of foods rich in this mineral, such as lentils, and vitamin C , such as peppers , to improve its absorption. Include many antioxidants in your diet to fight against free radicals, responsible for aging: betacaronene (spinach, carrots...), vitamin C (lemons, blueberries, kiwi, parsley), vitamin E (olive oils, sunflower, wheat germ... ).
- Hydrate yourself from the inside. Drink enough water daily to facilitate the circulation of body fluids
- Exercise regularly. According to experts, 30 minutes of exercise between 3 and 5 times a week is the minimum recommended to maintain our health.
- Take care of your eyes. This part of the face is the most sensitive to the sun. 90% of premature aging is due to UV rays! Sunglasses will help you protect them.
- Avoid alcohol and tobacco. These are two risk factors that lead to stagnation of blood circulation, favoring the appearance of dark circles.
- Maintain good hydration on your skin. It is essential that your skin is hydrated morning and night for the barrier effect to work optimally. To do this, use products with a good moisturizing effect to prevent the evaporation of water from the tissues, and moisturizers to provide the amount of water necessary for your cells to correctly carry out their metabolic functions.
- Tone up. The cold is the enemy of dark circles by activating circulation and fighting inflammation . A good trick is to store your eye cream in the refrigerator. Also, put a spoon in the freezer and put it on the area until the cold goes away.
- Activates microcirculation. We recommend the number 8 technique , which consists of performing a massage that draws a circle in each eye , always touching the bone area. With this you will be able to activate circulation and promote drainage .
OhMyKoko 's eye contour serum provides an ultra-specific association of active ingredients aimed at combating dark circles and rejuvenating your eyes:High molecular weight plant hyaluronic acid with multiple and visible benefits:
- Its amazing water retention capacity makes it an excellent moisturizing agent.
- Thanks to its tightening and firming capacity, it lifts the skin, rejuvenating the look.
- Key actor in the repetition of the area , a function through which new skin is generated and regenerated.
- It clearly intervenes in the elimination of free radicals, responsible for aging.
Oligopeptide-2 Epidermal growth factor (EGF) , peptide with a key activity in the function of intercellular communication , actively participating in the growth, development and survival of cells.
- Reactivates, regenerates and redensifies the eye contour area.
- Reduces crow's feet
- Reduces dark circles
- Due to its role in protecting, detoxifying and eliminating skin proteins damaged by oxidative agents such as exposure to pollution, UV light and blue light generated by electronic devices.
Specific plant extracts with incredible properties that :
- They stimulate elasticity and exert a firming effect
- They combat the appearance of wrinkles and reduce the depth of existing ones by up to 15% in one month of application (in vitro study).
- Immediate action lifting or tightening effect
- They lift the skin
- They rejuvenate the look.
With each application, all these active ingredients are released and act in synergy to combat and prevent the signs of aging, hydrate, detoxify and reduce dark circles.
As a result, your look is transformed, rejuvenated, freed from the signs of aging and fatigue, giving your face a young and luminous look.
OHMYKOKO, 1ST ACTIVIST BRAND FOR YOUR SKIN
Our commitment to you is to offer you products free of:
SILICONES - PARABENS - PHENOXYETHANOL - SULPHATES - DYES - MINERAL OILS - PEG - MICROPLASTICS - PETROLEUM DERIVATIVES - NANOMATERIALS - SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
and any other ingredients that are unnatural for your skin