Are you struggling with large pores and oily skin? You're not alone.
These challenges can be frustrating, but don't worry, we're here to help! We reveal the best tips to combat those enlarged pores and keep oily skin at bay.
Get ready to dazzle with soft and radiant skin.
The skin is made up of pores, small visible openings on the surface of the skin, where the pilosebaceous units (made up of hair and a gland that produces sebum) and sweat glands (responsible for producing sweat) are located.
Pores do not have muscles, so they do not open and close, but they do dilate when they are clogged by excess oil, dead skin cells, or other debris.
WHY DO PORES DILATE?
Excess sebum production
Sebaceous glands produce the sebum necessary to maintain moisture and the skin's protective barrier . However, excess sebum is one of the most important factors why people with oily skin have open pores , especially in the T zone.
Hormonal changes , such as puberty, pregnancy, the menstrual cycle, and the use of certain medications, can affect sebum production in the body. For example, during puberty, levels of hormones such as androgens increase, which can activate sebaceous glands and stimulate sebum production, leading to oily skin and clogged pores.
During the menstrual cycle, changes in hormone levels can also influence sebum production and therefore the appearance of the skin.
Loss of elasticity
The loss of skin elasticity as a result of age and free radicals causes pores to deform , making them more visible . This is the reason that after approximately 30 years of age , these become more visible .
People with dry skin tend to have less visible pores compared to those with oily skin.
In general, pores can vary in size and visibility depending on genetics, age, skin care, and other factors, regardless of skin type.
In addition to affecting skin health and accelerating premature aging, UV rays damage pores, hindering their role in sebum production and causing them to open more.
Poor diet can also be the cause of this problem. FIND GUIDELINES ON FOOD IN THIS POST >>
Pollution, tobacco consumption or hormonal factors are also causes of pore dilation.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO CLOSE THE PORES?
1- A good facial cleansing and exfoliation routine
The health and beauty of your skin always begins with a good cleansing routine and regular exfoliation .
Cleanse your face morning and night with OhMyKoko 's EXFOLIATING RENEWING CLEANSING GEL . It is designed for all skin types and has a physiological pH for maximum respect for your skin.
Its alpha hydroxy acids will be one of your best allies against enlarged pores . What is your super power? They are capable of detaching dead cells and eliminating them without attacking your skin.
They also deeply cleanse your pores, freeing them from any remaining grease , makeup or pollution .
These acids are 100% natural as they come from five fruits , each one with different benefits for your skin and so respectful that they are ideal even for sensitive skin.
- Glycolic acid from sugar cane . It is the acid with the lowest molecular weight , which allows it to have excellent penetration, acting in the epidermis and there effectively stimulating cell renewal . In addition, it promotes the production of collagen and elastin , key proteins for youthful skin. It is recommended for all skin types and especially for oily skin and blemished skin, as it helps even out skin tone .
- Blueberry lactic acid . Powerful hydrating and moisturizing . Anti-aging .
- Tartaric and malic acid from maple sugar. They improve the elasticity and tone of the skin.
- Citric acid from orange and lemon . This acid is capable of penetrating the deepest layers and stimulating the synthesis of collagen and hyaluronate .
Avoid washing your face with very hot water. You can unbalance the barrier function of your skin and by dilating the blood capillaries, you can cause the appearance of redness.
2- Trust in the power of Niacinamide
One of the most recommended active ingredients for oily skin is niacinamide because it is highly effective in rebalancing sebum production, reducing the appearance of pores and providing high hydration to the skin.
As if that were not enough, it is a valuable aid in case of spots and imperfections , as it helps reduce them, as well as the signs of skin aging, such as wrinkles and expression lines .
OhMyKoko 's PORE MINIMIZING SEBOR-REGULATING SERUM contains an advanced formula based on Niacinamide , lotus flowers and other moisturizing , anti-aging and sebum-regulating agents.
TIPS TO MINIMIZE YOUR PORES
- Don't forget to cleanse your face morning and night with a gentle and effective product. Use warm water.
- Be careful with sun exposure. Always protect your skin from the sun, in any season of the year. It is scientifically proven that the use of sunscreen prevents and helps repair accumulated damage .
- Do not use comedogenic products. They clog and dilate pores. Some of them are coconut oil, palm oil and flax oil.
- Include plenty of antioxidants in your diet.
OHMYKOKO, 1ST ACTIVIST BRAND FOR YOUR SKIN
Our commitment to you is to offer you products free of:
SILICONES - PARABENS - PHENOXYETHANOL - SULPHATES - COLORANTS - MINERAL OILS - PEG - MICROPLASTICS - PETROLEUM DERIVATIVES - NANOMATERIALS - SYNTHETIC PERFUMES
and any other ingredients that are unnatural for your skin